5 Simple Core Exercises for Seniors
Are there any safe, effective core exercises for seniors to do? Yes! There are many core-strengthening, tummy-toning workouts even those in their golden years can perform on a daily basis.
5 Core Exercises for Seniors for Stronger, Leaner Abdominal Muscles
1. Standard Plank
- Get down on the ground and assume a push-up position. Your legs should be extended behind you, back straight, and core flexed.
- Then slowly drop your forearms on the floor. The elbow should be directly underneath the shoulders and the forearms flat on the ground.
- By this time, your forearms and toes should be supporting your entire body. This is the plank position.
- Hold the plank position for 30 seconds, rest, then repeat two more times for a total of three sets.
2. Bird Dog Core Exercise
Do THIS to burn away 2lbs of belly fat overnight
It’s important that you read this...
An incredible breakthrough was accidentally discovered by a special education teacher from Henderson NV that has now led to over 200,000 women and men all over the world, who all suf-fered from varying degrees of obesity to burn away belly fat, skyrocket metabolism and boost energy levels!
It is said to be 5x more effective than any exercise and 8x more effective than any diet!
And that’s not the best part? They found its 3x MORE effective than any surgery at eliminating cravings for sugar and starchy foods and it’s completely all natural!
==> Newly Discovered Exotic Fruit Eliminates Food Cravings & Burns Away Fat
- Get down on all fours with your knees and palms planted firmly on the ground.
- The knees should be directly under the hips, palms under the shoulders, and back straight. This is the starting position.
- Then, slowly raise the left leg and right arm simultaneously. It should be as if you were kicking or reaching for something in the sky.
- Hold for one count then return to the starting position.
- Perform three to four sets of 12 to 16 reps per side.
3. Pulley Cable Oblique Twists
- Set up the cable pulley machine so the pulley is at the height of the shoulders.
- Attach a standard rope to it, grab the rope with both hands, and stand around one foot away from the machine. Either your left or right side should be facing the machine.
- Keeping your feet shoulder-width apart and firmly planted on the ground, slowly pull the rope to the side by twisting your upper body.
- Hold for one count then slowly return to the starting position.
- Do three to four sets of 13 to 16 reps on each side.
4. Stability Ball Dead Bug Core Exercise
- Grab a stability ball with both hands, lie down on your back, prop your legs up so the knees bend at 90 degrees, then press the stability ball against the knees for support.
- Your arms should be extended straight forward, legs hovering above the hips, and the stability balls should be sandwiched in between your palms and knees. This is the starting position.
- Take a deep breath then slowly extend your left arm and right leg as you exhale. They should go in opposite directions.
- Once they are fully extended, hold for one count then slowly return to the starting position. This is one rep.
- Do three to four sets of 20 reps per side.
5. Medicine Ball Woodchop
- Grab a medicine ball with both hands, squat down a bit, and let the medicine ball hang on the left side of the body. This is the starting position.
- Take a deep breath then push yourself up to a standing position while swinging the medicine ball up toward the right side of the head. Make sure to fully extend your arms.
- Pause for one count before carefully lowering the medicine ball back to the starting position. This is one rep.
- Do three to four sets of as many reps as you can on each side.
Make sure to observe proper form at all times when exercising. No matter how old or young you are, poor workout forms are bound to lead to painful — and oftentimes expensive — injuries.
To maximize the effects of these core exercises for seniors, we highly recommend following a nutritious, well-balanced diet as well. Cut out unnecessary junk and replace them with healthy alternatives.
Have you tried any of these core exercises for seniors? Share your workout experience with us in the comments section below!
- Why Senior Golfers Should Strength Train
- 13 Anti Aging Foods for Seniors
- 12 Conditioning Exercises for Bad Knees
Was this post helpful?
This tiny seed removes 11lbs in first 7 days
It’s important that you read this...
Over 252,334 regular folks like you have just discovered the missing piece of the weight-loss puzzle…
And it only takes 10-seconds each day…
All you have to do is wake up, add this to your daily regimen, and you’ll instantly stop the storage of fat cells, while increasing your belly fat-burning capacity up to 400%.
It’s backed by over 200 research studies and it’s so effective the medical community and big pharma are trying to censor it.
Since our right to free speech is now under constant attack, watch this now before they catch wind of this video and force it to be taken down.
==> Tiny Seed REMOVES 11 lbs in the first 7 days and fights disease