7 Healthy Ways to Jumpstart Your Day
If you ask most people if they would like to be able to get up and get a good jumpstart to their day, they would answer with a resounding yes!
These are some of the best and most healthy ways to jumpstart your day.
7 Sure Ways To Jumpstart Your Day
1. Get up at the Same Time Every Day
Your body will react to the routine and rhythm. In fact, you will have better health and feel less sluggish. The idea of sleeping in on the weekends may sound wonderful, but it is actually not the best idea for several reasons. Studies show waking up at the same time each day could be the key to peak productivity in both personal and work life.
Irregular sleep can play havoc on a person’s health. It is like a “social” jet lag.
Getting up at the same time every day allows your body to stay in rhythm. Your circadian rhythm is basically a 24-hour internal clock that is running in the background of your brain and cycles between sleepiness and alertness at regular intervals. It’s also known as your sleep/wake cycle. Keeping your clock in rhythm will help you feel better from morning until bedtime.
2. Start Every Day With a Glass of Water
Even before the coffee. Our bodies need water and unless you drink water during the night, your body hasn’t had water for at least 7 or 8 hours. Drink a glass of water to hydrate your body immediately upon waking to jumpstart your organs for better digestion throughout the day.
Let your body know it’s time to wake up and move. The body has been in a prone position for a while. It’s time to rise and do work. Meaning, it’s time for all of the body parts to move in sync with each other so full productivity can be reached.
4. Splash Your Face With Water
Hydrate your face and eyes. This will help to wake you up as well. Add a quick massage to your forehead, cheeks, and chin to awaken the muscles, stimulate cell renewal, and reduce wrinkles.
5. Use a Few Minutes to be Grateful
People who are grateful are generally more happy, healthy, positive, and productive. Keep a gratitude journal and give yourself 3 to 5 minutes to write a few things you are thankful for and maybe one intention for the day.
6. Run or Take a Walk
Now it’s time to really move. A brisk walk is just as valuable as a run. Do what you prefer and move on into your day.
7. Eat a Good Breakfast
Make sure you have a high protein, high fiber breakfast. This will keep your jumpstart going and carry you into lunch. Starting the day with proper nutrition will set the tone for the rest of your meals throughout the day.
Benefits Of Jumpstarting Your Day
The benefits of a healthy jumpstart to your day are many, here are a few:
- This is one way to give yourself some structure and self-discipline. Health experts say the morning can be the most productive mental time of the day if you are prepared to take on higher-level thinking.
- When you get up just a little bit earlier in the morning, and at the same time each day, you are giving yourself the gift of a better start.
- It’s the best time of the day to focus on yourself and the chance for discovery of what the day might hold for you.
- Last, but not least is improved health. You will find you feel better and are sick less. People who wake up excited for the new day have better immunities than those who wake up feeling down.
People who say mornings are their favorite time of day are usually people who have similar morning routines. They may vary some of these activities with yoga, reading the paper, or watching the news, but they all work for the same goal to find healthy ways to jumpstart their day.
But the average person might also say, it takes a certain amount of time in the morning before hitting the full productivity mode. Most people would love a magic formula or a special algorithm to jumpstart the day. However, the truth is, this does not exist. What does exist are healthy ways to make the mornings easier, brighter, more pleasant, and quicker.
What do you do to jumpstart your day? We'd love to hear from you in the comments section below.
- 9 Foods for Brain Fog | Foods That Improve Memory and Concentration
- 13 Anti Aging Foods To Add To Your Diet Now
- How To Develop A Healthy Habit In 21 Days
Calling all crafting Health Buffs! If you’ve got the gift of keeping healthy and sharing this knowledge through writing, Click here if you want to write for us.
Please stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and make sure to join our community of healthy living and minded people here.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 26, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY