Urinary Incontinence In Men
To understand urinary incontinence in men, first, we have to understand what urinary incontinence is.
Urinary incontinence (UI) can be explained as a situation in which urinary leakage happens unwillingly. The problem of urinary incontinence may be in both men and women.
Urinary Incontinence In Men
It is believed that it becomes more usual in people with aging; however, it is not obligatory to have this problem on aging. Urinary Incontinence in men refers to a condition of not stopping urine which means that a man urinates even when he does not want to.
It happens because the body has lost some control over the urinary bladder. Urinary incontinence is a quite common problem.
Furthermore, the nerves and muscles both act together to obstruct urine from leaking out of the body. But in this case, the sphincter that controls urine in the body is maybe either debilitated or devastated.
Its severe condition can be defined as a man is unable to control himself from discharging urine when he cough or sneeze. The problem of not stopping urine is not a disease in itself and it may also be an indication of a problem with a man's urinary tract.
Men with this type of medical condition may have persistent or abrupt stimulation to urinate and results in incompetence to control the bladder which may lead to leaks. A man may leak urine because of the following reasons:
- If the urinary bladder squeezes untimely else if it squeezes too hard then urine may leak out.
- If the muscles around the urethra are impaired or feeble then it will not work in the way it should and the urine may leak out even if a man does not have a problem with urinary bladder squeezing untimely.
- If the bladder does not vacant when it needs to be and gets filled, urine may leak out even if a man does not want it to.
- If the urethra is blocked by something then urine may accumulate in the bladder and may cause leaking.
Due to incontinence, men have difficulty at the time while urine comes out from the body. It may be a disappointing and embarrassing situation too but need to figure out what are the causes behind urine leakage so, it may help to find out the ways to deal with this problem.
Following Incorporates the Causes of Urinary Incontinence in Men
1. Stress Incontinence: It commences with certain kinds of physical activity such as cough, sneezes, laughs, or lose command of the bladder while exercising, etc. Kind of exercises that put pressure on the sphincter that controls urine may cause urinary incontinence. It is a common cause and also occurs by the damage to the nerves and prostate problems in men.
2. Desire Incontinence: It happens when an instant acute urge to urinate is awakened and there is no control on the urinary bladder at that time. It is one of the most important causes and caused by the muscles of the bladder which squeeze so hard that the sphincter can't grip back the urine and results in a very strong stimulation to urinate.
3. Overflow Incontinence: Overflow situation may occur when the bladder could not fully vacant while urinating and later on, the rest of the urine may start leaking from the bladder.
It may be caused by something which blocks the urethra, results leads to start accumulation of urine in the bladder. Over time, the bladder gets filled with urine and builds up the pressure to move out from the bladder. It is caused by an enlarged prostate gland and may also happen due to feeble bladder muscles.
The most common indication of urinary incontinence is discharging urine from the bladder. Furthermore, other symptoms depend on the type of Urinary Incontinence. Listed below are few symptoms of UI:
- Stress incontinence: In this condition, a small volume of urine is liberated while having cough, sneeze, and lift something or a change in position.
- Urge incontinence: The necessity to urinate is too powerful in this situation that a man is unable to reach the toilet in time.
- Overflow incontinence: In this symptom, a man cannot control the persistent dribbling of urine and liberate the small volume of urine while having the urge to urinate.
- FAQ: Insulin Resistance | How to Prevent and Control Insulin Resistance
- 11 Essential Oils For High Blood Pressure
- HOW TO LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY | 10 Simple Steps
Calling all Health Buffs! If you’ve got the gift of keeping healthy and sharing this knowledge through writing, click here if you want to write for us.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY