How to Reduce Broad Shoulders Female | 5 Ways on How to Get Rid of Broad Shoulders
Broad shoulders are a mark of beauty to some and a nuisance to others. If you would like to downplay yours, check out these five easy ways how to reduce broad shoulders female.
How to Reduce Broad Shoulders Female
What Causes Broad Shoulders in Females?
Genetics is the main determining factor of how broad or narrow your shoulders will be. The length of your clavicle bone dictates the broadness of your shoulder width.
Other factors include your body fat percentage, muscle and your structural proportions.
Exclusive Offer From Our Editor: Thank God I found this before it was too late... Mike Tyson shares the secret to his miraculous comeback.
What Can You Consider Broad Shoulders?
CDC reports that the average shoulder width for men and women is 16.1 inches and 14.2 inches. These numbers represent the 1988-1994 period, but can still offer a rough estimate.
Since people come in all sizes, shoulder-width may vary from one person to another.
How Do I Tell if I Have Broad Shoulders?
An easy way to tell if you have broad shoulders is to look at how your shoulder width compares to the rest of your body.
Take a look at your undressed upper body in the mirror. Does it have a well-defined V-silhouette? If it does, then you likely have broad shoulders.
Or, throw on a T-shirt and align the seamline with your shoulder edges. If it has a tight fit around your shoulders while the rest of it is baggy and loose, you may have broad shoulders.
Are you ready to change your life with CBD but don’t know where to start? Click Here and Start Your Daily Routine the Green Roads Way.
Order Now & Tell Us Where to Send Your CBD Products!
Can I Consider Broad Shoulders in Females Attractive?
Broad shoulders are common men. Most even work out to enhance them. But this is not to say that broad shoulders do not look attractive on women.
If in doubt, take a look at most high fashion models. They have broad shoulders, and are attractive. All in all, it all comes down to preference, but yes! Broad shoulders look great on females too.
Can You Shorten Broad Shoulders?
You cannot reduce the width of your shoulders. But you can work out the muscles around your shoulders to downplay them. A bone determines your shoulder width, making workout the only option if you are not ready for surgery.
How to Reduce Broad Shoulders Female
Besides undergoing surgery, you can use some tricks to reduce your shoulders profile. The most practical trick is losing weight, and building muscle around your hips and glutes for better proportions.
How to Reduce Broad Shoulders Female in Five Simple Ways
1. Use Fashion to Reduce Broad Shoulders
Some of the tips to note here are:
- Avoid wearing shoulder-padded tops
- Consider wearing V-neck tops
- Wearing dark-colored clothes on your upper body with brighter bottoms
- Embrace wearing full skirts and wide-legged pants
- Don’t be afraid to go loose or oversize with blazers and jackets that reach your hips.
- Avoid tight shirts, cinch waist dresses, strapless tops, and shoulder embellishments.
2. Tone up to Reduce Broad Shoulder
Most people emphasize avoiding shoulder exercises is how to reduce broad shoulders female. But tightening muscles in that region can give your shoulders a smaller profile.
So, focus on lateral, rear, and anterior deltoids when exercising your shoulder muscles. Besides tightening the muscles involved, toning up eliminates any fat tissue present.
3. Build Your Lower Body Muscles to Get Rid of Broad Shoulders
Reducing broad shoulders in females entails building lower-body muscles. Doing this will even out your body proportions. By building your leg, hip, and glute muscles, you create a look that makes your shoulders seem leaner.
To help build a more muscular lower half, consider exercises like:
- Hip thrusts
- Glute kickbacks
Tip: Do these exercises using resistance or a heavy weight to encourage hypertrophy.
4. Lose Fat to Reduce Broad Shoulders
Of course, losing fat is a large part of how to reduce broad shoulders in females. As earlier mentioned, it is the most workable way to make your shoulders appear narrower.
Let’s face it. Being overweight and obese are serious problems plaguing American society. It might even cause broad shoulders in some women. And besides dieting, exercise is the easiest way to lose fat.
Exercising might not be as helpful for a skinny female with broad shoulders. But it can go a long way for women with a bit of extra fat. For instance, an intense workout session can burn up to 700 calories.
This means that you can burn up to a pound of fat every week if you maintain the same intensity and calorie intake.
- Acknowledge that spot reduction is impractical because of how our bodies burn fat
- Add two to three HIIT sessions to your routine for the most fat-loss benefits.
5. Embrace Healthy Eating Habits to Reduce Broad Shoulders
Your best chance at losing fat is by reducing your calorie intake. Do this by calculating how many calories you need in a day. Once you figure this out, create a caloric deficit by reducing your daily caloric intake by 500 to 1000 or 10 to 15%.
You can expect to lose at least one to two pounds of fat per week at this rate. Reducing your calorie intake is easier than burning the same amount through exercise.
- Consuming a smaller amount of protein. You need at least seven grams of protein per 20 pounds of your body weight. But, for fat loss, .8-1 gram per pound of your body weight should suffice
- Adding healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat to your diet. You can get this from avocados, fish, seeds, nuts, and olive oil. Since fat is calorie-dense, pay attention to how much you consume to avoid overdoing it
- Consume unrefined and complex carbs from fruit, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. These also support healthy body function
- Cutting done on processed foods and added sugars. These pack a ton of calories, leading to weight gain and increased risk of diseases
To stay on the right track, break down your calories into:
- 45% protein
- 35% fats
- 20% carbs
Note: Be careful not to overdo your caloric deficit as it could lead to health complications
You may feel the need to reduce the appearance of your broad shoulders. But they are beautiful and make you unique. There is, nothing wrong with wanting to downplay them now and then. All you need are these five tips to master how to reduce broad shoulders female.
What do you think about how to reduce broad shoulders female? Have you tried any of these tips before? We would like to hear from you in the comment section below!
- 10 Exercises for Sexuality | Kegel Exercises for Sex
- 9 Easy & Effective Double Chin Exercises
- Pfizer CEO Says Fourth COVID Booster Shot Necessary
Join the healthy living conversation with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. We want to hear your story—let’s connect via these channels. Find our community online and join the healthy living revolution today!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY