Jocko Willink ON: Leading Like a Navy Seal & Taking Extreme Ownership of Every Problem in Your Life [PODCAST]
RELATED: Emotional Detox | Everything You Need To Know
Leading Like a Navy Seal & Taking Extreme Ownership of Every Problem in Your Life
Jocko Willink (@jockowillink) joins Jay Shetty to talk about extreme ownership and discipline, switching from a competition-based to a collaborative culture, building trust even in stressful situations, and mastering your self-discipline.
He is a retired naval officer who served in the Navy SEALs and an author of several books including Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win. He also co-hosts Jocko Podcast that discusses discipline and leadership in business, war, relationships, and everyday life.
What We Discuss with Jocko:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:08 The most difficult thing to go through
- 02:57 How do you process a difficult situation and be ready to go through the experience
- 06:07 What you go through is your present, nothing else will matter
- 08:18 Are you born a leader or did experience make you one?
- 13:44 Working through procrastination and overthinking
- 18:01 Lessons learned from joining the Navy Seals
- 20:14 Turning a competitive and comparison based culture to a collaborative culture
- 26:37 Principles and methods to build trust in high stress situations
- 29:53 The biggest leadership mistakes and the key takeaways
- 33:20 Rather than beating yourself up, practice extreme ownership
- 36:34 Taking criticisms from someone you don’t respect
- 38:54 Your ego against the decentralized command strategy
- 43:07 When people are struggling with self discipline, where do you start?
- 47:06 Start self discipline by waking up earlier in the morning
- 49:24 Life lessons learned after leaving the military
- 53:20 Jocko on Final Five
- Creating Physical Intimacy Through Mindfulness [PODCAST]
- Glaucoma Surgery Risks & Benefits
- 9 Foods to Avoid After 50 & Why
Please stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and make sure to join our community of healthy living and minded people here.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY